Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Splash

I started the morning by delivering four split halves to customers up in Scotts Valley - east of Santa Cruz. From there, I headed over to Watsonville to meet Ev and try to fix our water problem.

When we starting digging, we only had a general idea of where the pipe was. We used shovels and a digging rod - a five foot, iron rod used to break up the hard dirt by continually beating the ground. It didn't take long to find the pipe...

Smash. Water squirt. "What?" Pull rod out. Splash.

I was soaked. When searching for the pipe, I inadvertently broke the PVC with the digging rod causing an explosion of water and mud, all over my face.

Anyways, we found the pipe, fixed the problems, and now the water works (hopefully). I finished the day by building some more fence and heading home.

No comments: